life's short...make it sweet...

Monday, July 25, 2005

fridae nite fever....


was down w high fever on fridae nite...could not sleep....almost tore my bedsheets apart....my eyes were shut but i can feel my whole body burning......head spining.....i onli know is me against the fever.....n i was hoping the temperature would go down......usually my fever would subside if i sweat under blanket....but this time no........got up at 3.30am to sponge forehead n neck w cold towel.....took medication for flu thot can make me drowsy n knock me out......but no use.....morning went to GP....fever was 39.1 degrees.....n doctor heard some heart murmur....n she referred me to TTSH a&e.....cos she dunnoe if the heart murmur was due to high fever or some bacteria in blood which she warned can be fatal if undetected...she dun wanna take the risk.......i asked must i go down immediately.....she told must go immediately.....n she is not giving me medication......tink she noes if she issued me medication i would not go TTSH for follow-up.......arrgghhhh......but all i wanna is some medication so dat i can go home n get sedated n sleep......but to go TTSH i lagi sian.....hiak.....she issued me MC for the dae....yes....i needed the MC cos i m act working full dae dat sat......n she oso wrote me a referral letter to TTSH a&e......for 2 pieces of paper.....i haf to pay $14......i went home....drank a cup of anlene milk...lie down for a while......n drag myself outta house to TTSH.....i was dying liao.....took a cab to TTSH.....jam at CTE......sian.....n reached TTSH a&e at 10.30am......the start of the great wait to see doctor.....the nurse took my blood for blood test......did an ECG to chk my heart....n a chest X-ray......the nurse oso gave me 2 panadols for my fever.....i took.....n waited n waited.......so sleepy......i fell asleep while waiting n almost fell off the chair.......tink dat's the last place u wanna be in when u r ill.......finallie the MO called my name.....yeah......thot can be done w v soon.......he listened to my heart.....but he din hear any heart murmur lehhh.....listen again.....no murmur still......my GP's stethoscope must be faulty....but from the chest x-ray.....he detected some chest infection......he told may be due to the cough i haf.....he would gimme some antibiotics......then i haf to wait again for the blood test results.....so i waited again......i waited n slept again.....the doctor finallie called for my name again.....yay!!!.....but he saw me for awhile n disappeared....he put me on hold while he attended to other patients......tink other patients more life threatening than me.....i waited n waited n fell asleep at the MO's table......when he's finallie back...he told.."you slept!".....i laughed....n replied...."the medicine made me v drowsy"........he told dat though no heart murmur....he does not rule out dengue fever.....if my fever dun go down in 3 daes' time.....i haf to come back for follow-up....in case dengue fever.....cos dengue fever on the rise now....he oso asked me to keep a look out for any form of bleeding......which r symptoms of dengue fever......better dun be dengue fever.....i dun wanna stay in CDC!!!!......from the blood test results.....the platelets r still high.....but he told it would usually take 3 days be4 the platelets count would decrease if is dengue fever.......n he gave me 3 days MC from sat to mon......finallie i can go make payment.... .n take my medicine.....medical bill at a&e was $70 after gov subsidy...else the bill was $100 over without subsidy.....no wonder the medical social workers haf so much work to do......the MO prescribed me 60 panadol tablets.....piang.....enuff for a suicidal person to commit suicide 3 times n still haf leftovers.......some huge yellow antibiotics.....cough syrup which would knock me out almost immediately.....n some vitamin C tablets to build up my immune system......when i finalle got back home...is oredi 2pm......took some food n medication n i slept til 9.30pm.......wat a dae.......

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:27:00 AM, Blogger dunlin said…

    hey yo sean!!!

    tink u r among the first to visit my new blog and definitely the first to leave ya comment!!!.....thanks ya....i am up and alive and kicking again....except for the cough.....still on the cough syrup...which guaranteed good sleep for me every night....hahaaa.....too bad can only drink cough syrup at nite....hiak....hahaaa......take care there too!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home