life's short...make it sweet...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

阳朔玉龙河历险记。。。吓篇。。。

i was being sucked and trapped under the bridge...both of us were trying to stay afloat...we were stucked there...could neither swim out or climb up....i was not holding on to xiaoqiang anymore...i saw siew lan on top of the bridge...i did not call for help but xiaoqiang did...xiaoqiang was more panicky than i was...i remained cool..though i was drowning anytime!!!...siew lan noticed that we were in danger...tink she shouted, “快点上来!!很危险!!!”but we were stucked and could not get out of the dangerous situation....i did not reply to siew lan cos wanna save all my breathe and energy i had left....trying to stay afloat as long as i could...i submerged for awhile..whole head and body went under water but i managed to emerge....before i could catch a huge breath....suddenly and very fast i was sucked under water again...felt i got pulled under and i dun haf control over it...it happened very fast...my hand brushed against xiaoqiang's leg when i was sinking....but i could not hold on to him neither could he grab hold of me....i was sinking really fast....i opened my eyes to look wat's underneath...no bottom one!!!.....i could not touch the ground...i was tinking to myself...i was going to die already...if i keep sinking...i am going to die deep in the river....but i was still very conscious and alert...water did not get to my brain yet....then suddenly i thot to myself...“不是吧,难道就这样死了??不会吧??”was i not going to see sean ever again???i thot of sean....thot that if i die...i would never see him again....and i dun wan that to happen...i wanted to see him again...i am not going to just sink and die...so i tilted my head upwards...my eyes neber close a wink....i haf to use googles when swimming in the pool but not this time...dunnoe why....i still get to see some light from above though the water is a bit murky (not like milo but like horlicks).....visibility not too good....i quickly swim upwards...using my arms only...my head looking upwards all the time....i could see more light...as i swam...i was tinking...i wanna see sean again....that gave more energy i guess.....it took me at least 5 strokes before i surfaced again!!!!!....at last i surfaced!!!!i am alive!!! neber die!!!!

and all these while underwater i held my breathe...i was very calm throughout...my heart beat did not increase....and i know very well what i was doing and what to do....though it was my first time drowning!!!...very glad that i did not panic at all.....i did not blow any bubbles cos i still had enough breathe to last me underwater...i kept my mouth tightly closed and did not drink any water...luckily i had enough breathe to last....tink diving lessons helps....i learnt to tilt my head when i surface.....learnt to blow bubbles slowly during pool sessions and the drills....though i dun need to blow bubbles yet.....if i had panicked....tink i would die faster before i knew it.....


when i surfaced...i saw xiaoqiang....glad that he's okie...i saw many people on the bridge too....they were the locals and they were holding on to bamboos reaching out to us....those long sturdy ones which they used to steer the bamboo rafts....so many bamboos for me to hold on...i chose the nearest one and held on to it...and the villagers oso threw me a life vest...i jus put over my head...din tie the life vest properly...so complicated....if i let go of the bamboo to tie the life vest properly tink i would go underwater again....initially both my hands held on to one bamboo...and waited the villagers to pull me up...they signalled to me their right side of the bridge....as if they gonna move me to the right bank with the bamboo....but tink quite impossible...cos half of my body was still in the water...a lot of water resistance...the villagers kept telling me when i was in the water, “放心,不要紧张,不要紧张。”。。。i replied, “好!!好!!”and signalled to them "ok" sign using my right hand...though i very scared i lose grip and fall into the water again...i tried holding on to 2 bamboo poles...diversify...but then tink not as secure as holding on to one bamboo...so i changed...so many patterns...hahhaa...i oso attempted to climb up the bamboo pole on my own...but cannot...never do weights not enough strength....so i gave up climbing up on my own..in case i fell and drown..i waited patiently for the villagers to rescue me...at the same time ensuring them that i am okie....the villagers were very smart...they found a rope and very fast they used the rope to tie a bowline...and threw to me....my head and body went thru the rope..until the rope is on my waist...still holding on to the bamboo....and they pulled the rope to pull me up...slowly and steadily...i held on to the bamboo to help them pull me up...they must have used a lot of strength!!!!i am not light!!!!...for xiaoqiang...he is rock climber...no need assistance...he climbed up on his own using the bamboos like spiderman....and both of us were rescued!!!!.....we were alive!!!!

when i was up...there were a lot of pple in front of me...quite overwhelming...i needed to hug someone!!! but i did not hug the locals cos they all men!!!...i called for siew lan...siew lan...cos i tink she would the most worried person...and she appeared from behind the locals... crying...i hugged her and told her, “我没死..."siew lan scared til she cried and kept repeating,"我看到你沉下去,吓死我了!!!”i replied...“放心。。我没事。。。我没死。。。不要哭。。。”but tink at that moment she was still traumatised to stop crying...

i saw xiaoqiang too...he appeared from behind too....tink his eyes a bit teary...but i never say to him, "dun cry"...he stretched out his arms to hug me....i pat him....啊。。还好我们没死...实在太幸运了!!!

i dunnoe why...may be the so-close-to-death incident did not sink in to me yet...i was still able to laugh and joked right after i was rescued...QQ was amazed that i dun seem affected or traumatised....i kept telling them...i am full...drank a lot of water....i was reallie full with river water...a few cups of horlicks???....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home